It's Fall in Texas! Time to open our home, or sit on the patio to enjoy cooler temperatures. Before opening the window check screen for tears and pollen that accumulates between the screen and window.
Here's the way I clean window screens:
- 1. Using a soft, large bristle brush, sweep off dust and pollen.
- 2. Wet screen with mild soap and water. Never use a power washer!
- 3. Lay screen on cement surface and lightly scrub screen with soft bristle brush or sponge.
- 4. Rinse throughly with garden hose.
- 5. Tap screen on cement to "shake" off excess water.
- 6. Set screen aside to air dry and reinstall when completely dry.